Kayaks & Things
Our Retail Business
Kayaksnthings lives at 63 Malcomson Street North Mackay.
Welcome to Kayaksnthings.com
I would like to welcome you to the website Kayaksnthings.com. Here I hope to inform you and support you on your quest to exploring the great outdoors by kayak. We cater for a huge range of kayaking persuits. These include, lake and river touring, white water river and creeking, kayak surfing and sea kayaking. We have a great range of sit on top kayaks, sit in kayaks and canoes. You can find out about all the kayaks and canoes starting on our Kayak & Canoe Page. (any word or phrase highlighted like this means a link to another page, just click on it. )
We also have all the gear and accessories paddlers like to take with them on their paddling adventures. This includes helmets, PFD’s, spraydecks, boots, sun protection gear, bilge pump, trolleys, sponges, paddles, and lots more. Although it is not all listed on this website you can start here for your accessories.
Our shop is at 63 Malcomson Street North Mackay.
- Opp. the drive way into Pioneer Swimming Pool car park.
- We are open from 9:00 to 11:00am weekdays.
- Saturday Mornings 9:00 – 12:00 or by appointment.
- Appointments can be made by ringing me on 0408 776 405. Ring me to arrange to meet me at the shop or for a demo on the water.
- You can learn more about the Mirage Sea Kayaks I have stock for demos on the Mirage page here, or by contacting me. Mirage Sea kayaks are a favourites and I will gladly tell you all about their features and you can arrange to have a paddle to try them out for yourself.
Rent a Kayak.
If you are not sure which kayak you want to buy it might be a good idea to rent a Mirage kayak or one of our other rental kayaks for a day, a weekend or a week to see which one you like. As our fleet grows we will have more kayaks available, but at present we have a number of Mirages, Winner river kayak, sit on tops and a canoe. Maybe you don’t have room to store a kayak and if you are only going to use a kayak a couple times a year for that camping trip renting might be an option for you.
Social Paddles Sunday Mornings
If you have your own kayak already and would just like to join our social paddles on a Sunday Morning, just contact us and let us know you would like to come along. The best way to keep up to date with these trips and other information about what we do is to:
- Follow us on Face Book. https://www.facebook.com/Kayaksnthings/
- I send out a newsletter each month, just fill in your first name and email address in the sign up form at the top of the right hand column. Each month a Newsletter letting you know what we are up to and maybe give you a special discount from the shop. I will also let you know about any blogs I have written on this website that you may have missed.
- Feel free to be more social, we won’t bite. It is a great way to meet new people.
- Speaking of blogs, link here, they will cover a variety of subjects and sometime I am not sure what I am writing about until I finish. There is a list of the last five in the right hand column and you can keep going back through the archive.